14 March 2009

Feed the writers

I fell in love with The Magnificent Seven when I saw the show way back in the late 90s. I never dreamed that it would have such a huge following so many years later, but I was thrilled to discover that it indeed does have such.

There is a Yahoo group called "Mistresses of Malarkey", and they hand out awards to the Mag7 fanfic writers each year, in categories too numerous to mention in this post. I am a member of this group, and was asked just today if I would like to be on the awards staff. I was honored. There is some really terrific fanfic in this fandom, and it is nice to see the authors rewarded for their hard work. As a writer myself, I know what it's like to pour your heart and soul, not to mention time, into your work and have it basically ignored. It's not a good feeling. At all.

So to the ladies of MoM - YAY!!! Thank you for taking time to honor our fellow writers!

1 comment:

DKoren said...

Yay! T'is so true, writers need feeding.